There is some important information on the matter of the two bishops from the nation-state of Malta, -- the Island of Malta itself and of Gozo. Much more is revealed about Mario Grech of Gozo, in particular.
- Priests pleaded with Rome and Cardinal Marx of the Bishops Conference in Europe not to see Grech appointed as Archbishop of Malta due to "reprehensible behaviour."
- Grech failed to carry out the Vatican's order to defrock perverted priests who allegedly threatened to expose other cases of sexual abuse by priests.
- He possessed the "grin of a Cheshire Cat" and was the "embodiment of a heady combination of spiritual authority and power with the lack of human accountability," in addition to a "manifest attachment to material wealth."
- He was also accused in no uncertain term of being a "bully," creating a "bullying culture" in the local Church and being obsessed with of thriving in a "media spin culture."
- Gozo continued, at least in 2015, to live at "home with his parents," and was accused of nepotism!
"I appreciate the trust which the great majority have in us bishops, but at the same time it pains me when I notice that, among the flock, there are those who are not only rigid (strict) towards themselves, but would also be rigid towards others, and so are confusing you. Indeed, they would say that it is us, the bishops, who are confusing you! If you want a guarantee that our teaching is that of the Church, I assure you that myself and the Archbishop are in complete unity with Pope Francis."
As of the morning of January 25, on this Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul, so familiar as he was with Malta, the Catholic faithful of Malta have gone so far as to take out a newspaper advertisement exhorting that their bishops be faithful.
How bad has it become?
How evil can these two men be along with hundreds, maybe a few thousand other bishops and cardinals and tens of thousands of priests and maybe even the Pope himself, that it has come to this.
The faithful begging their shepherds to be Catholic. The picture is below and a readable and printable PDF can be found at this link organised by Veri Catholici at:
God save us from these evil and deceitful wolves.