A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Wednesday 3 June 2020

The Very Reverend Jonathan Robinson, Founder and Provost of the Toronto Oratory. Requiescat in pace

Image may contain: one or more people and wedding

The Toronto Oratory has announced the passing into eternity of the Very Reverend Jonathan Robinson, Provost of the Toronto Oratory. 

A good man. A faithful man. He was a delight. I will miss him. When he came to Toronto to start the Oratory, my late mother was a nurse a few blocks away. She always liked him, his twinkle in the eye and his blonde hair. He offered her funeral in Latin when the local parish refused.

God rest you Father Robinson. Thank you for all you did for me.


5 comments:

Irenaeus said...

May God wipe his tears away and turn his sorrows into joy. Rest in peace, Father Robinson.

William Callaghan said...

May he rest in peace

John the Mad said...

Father Robinson was a good priest. Many years ago I stayed at the Oratory for a time ago when I was discerning whether to return to St. Augustine's seminary (I did not). He was very kind (Newman - "lead kindly light") to me and he struck me as a man of great faith and intellect. I will pray for the repose of his soul and for the Oratorians. They are a diocesan treasure. I echo your words Vox. Thank you to "The Father" for his help at a difficult time.

Barona said...

God bless you Vox for the beautiful way you have linked your beloved mother to the heroic son of the Church, Fr. Robinson.

His's loving care of your beloved mother will be one of the Roses of his spiritual bouquet that he will be able to present to Our Lord as a sign of a faithful and loyal priest of Jesus Christ.

May his Purgatory be short. His final week of suffering joined to the Passion is a sure sign of God's Mercy.

Unknown said...

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord. May he rest in peace, amen.