A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Sunday 10 March 2019

He that dwelleth in the aid of the most high - Note: There are no "Eagles' Wings."

He that dwelleth in the aid of the Most High, shall abide under the protection of the God of heaven. V.: He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector and my refuge: my God, in Him will I trust. V.: For He hath delivered me from the snare of the hunters, and from the sharp word. V.: He will overshadow thee with His shoulders, and under His wings thou shalt trust. V.: His truth shall compass thee with a shield: thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night. V.: Of the arrow that flieth in the day, of the business that walketh about in the dark, of invasion or of the noonday devil. V.: A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee. V.: For He hath given His Angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. V.: In their hands they shall bear thee up, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. V.: Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk, and thou shalt trample underfoot the lion and the dragon. V.: Because he hoped in Me I will deliver him: I will protect him, because he hath known my Name. V.: He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation. V.: I will deliver him, and I will glorify him: I will fill him with length of days, and I will show him my salvation.

Lent - First Sunday: Tract from Corpus Christi Watershed on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Osusanna said...

Thank you Vox. Keep erasing my novus ordo choir memories.

MaryP said...

Well, there are eagle's wings somewhere else, Deuteronomy 32:11

Anonymous said...

Nevertheless, such music was part of my "WALK" and the melodic beauty of such songs remains happy, positive memories for me. I will NEVER denigrate the songs/music that touched my life, through the Catholic Church from old Classical standards though songs like On Eagle's Wings. A beautiful melody is transcendent and timeless be it from Mozart, Schutte or whomever.


I am not looking for any arguments.


Karl

Anonymous said...

The "eagle's wings" are on the eagles. Right where they should be.
Cannot understand why N.O. Catholics are so enamored of eagles. They are quite vicious predators, you know.

Vox Cantoris said...

On Eagles Wings is one of the worst things done to music in the Catholic Church. Feel free to sing it, but it does not belong in Mass.

I sang it when paid at a funeral. I finally stopped because now you could not pay me to attend the Novus Ordo.

That music and its ilk is poison. I have fought that garbage for 30 years.

peasant said...

Of course eagles have wings, and there are many eagles.

But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall take wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaias 40:31

And the word of the Lord came to me, saying: Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable to the house of Israel, And say: Thus saith the Lord God: A large eagle with great wings, long-limbed, full of feathers, and of variety, came to Libanus, and took away the marrow of the cedar. And the word of the Lord came to me, saying: Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable to the house of Israel, And say: Thus saith the Lord God: A large eagle with great wings, long-limbed, full of feathers, and of variety, came to Libanus, and took away the marrow of the cedar. Ezechiel 17:1-3

For as lightning cometh out of the east, and appeareth even into the west: so shall the coming of the Son of man be. [28] Wheresoever the body shall be, there shall the eagles also be gathered together. [29] And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be moved: Matthew 24:27-29
The body here is the Eucharistic Body of Our Blessed Lord after the abomination of desolation. It is absent of Church or Tabernacle. The 144,000 signed are the eagles who gather about the Body. How do eagles gather? They don't walk, they fly. How do these 144,000 signed fly? With the wings of their guardian angels.

And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth: by reason of the rest of the voices of the three angels, who are yet to sound the trumpet. Apocalypse 8:13 Be very quiet and listen.

And there were given to the woman two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the desert unto her place, where she is nourished for a time and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. Apocalypse 12:14
God here sends the "great eagle " to rescue the "woman" who is the church militant and bring her to a safe place or refuge. If you are alive in that day and you are judged worthy you also will need the wings of this great eagle.




Michael Ortiz said...

Heard it this last Sunday. Dreck. Our NO parish sounds like a Disney Special. But grace is there because He is there. But the sentimentality blights much. Alas.

Anonymous said...

I suggest you find a TLM mr Ortiz.

Michael Ortiz said...

We go two Sundays a month. Reaffirms my convictions that V2 was a mess.