A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Monday 6 March 2017

Their throat is an open sepulchre: they dealt deceitfully with their tongues

Ps. 5: Verba mea auribul. A prayer to God against the iniquities of men.

[1] Unto the end, for her that obtaineth the inheritance. A psalm of David. [2] Give ear, O Lord, to my words, understand my cry. [3] Hearken to the voice of my prayer, O my King and my God. [4] For to thee will I pray: O Lord, in the morning thou shalt hear my voice. [5] In the morning I will stand before thee, and will see: because thou art not a God that willest iniquity.

[6] Neither shall the wicked dwell near thee: nor shall the unjust abide before thy eyes. [7] Thou hatest all the workers of iniquity: Thou wilt destroy all that speak a lie. The bloody and the deceitful man the Lord will abhor. [8] But as for me in the multitude of thy mercy, I will come into thy house; I will worship towards thy holy temple, in thy fear. [9] Conduct me, O Lord, in thy justice: because of my enemies, direct my way in thy sight. [10] For there is no truth in their mouth; their heart is vain.


[11] Their throat is an open sepulchre: they dealt deceitfully with their tongues: judge them, O God. Let them fall from their devices: according to the multitude of their wickedness cast them out: for they have provoked thee, O Lord. [12] But let all them be glad that hope in thee: they shall rejoice for ever, and thou shalt dwell in them. And all they that love thy name shall glory in thee: [13] For thou wilt bless the just. O Lord, thou hast crowned us, as with a shield of thy good will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arise O Lord and let Thy enemies be scattered, and let those who hate Thee flee from before Thy face.
Chaplet of the Holy Face:
https://www.romancatholicman.com/chaplet-of-the-holy-face-of-jesus-2/