A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Tuesday 9 November 2021

The Mass or the mask?

Well, well, well, have I created a little dust storm.

Perusing over the inbox notice of today's posts at Canon212, I find that someone with a blog that I've never heard has judged me and found me wanting. 

If you come into my house and I ask you to take off your shoes, will you do it? If a bishop owns a church, which he does, and he says to come into my church you need to follow my direction (based upon legal public health directives which you have the right to disagree with, as do I in most cases) to wear a mask due to a pandemic. You do it. You do it because he is the property owner under Corporation Sole.

If you take the position that you will not attend any Mass where you are "forced to wear a mask" and you don't attend anywhere else because of these same requirements, then you are in an objective state of mortal sin because you willfully missed Mass out of your own accord.

At more than one combox, you have determined it more necessary to mock me than to address the issue. As for debate and that I can't stand it? The answer is, you can't debate the actual problem and how to deal with it. There isn't a layman, cleric or otherwise in all of Canada who has held the feet of our episcopal hirelings to the fire as this writer, and yet, you mock me? You wish to make me the issue? You're so blind and prideful you can't even address the issue. 

Three Latin Masses in Canada shut down over this issue, by pastors with or without the direct order of the bishop!

You would rather defy diocesan authorities, including the bishop, and lose the Latin Mass. For example, here in Toronto amongst other places, these same diocesan officials have decreed no Holy Communion on the tongue. There are Catholics who have not received the Holy Eucharist in all this time because they stand on a point of principle, yet they still go to Mass. You, in your arrogance and pride, wherever you are that you are not in this situation, would now deny them the Holy Mass. You sit there in your mommy's basement in your dirty underwear in front of your computer without a regard for these folks in the peripheries.

You're a fool and a disgrace.

Do my self-righteous American friends not get this? Hey, some advice, worry about your own collapsing country since you have little concrete to add to the issues in some of our dioceses. Have any of you read this blog for the last eighteen months and the No Mass For You posts on Cardinal Collins. 

Nothing, nothing is more important than the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. You do what you can do get there. Even it means crawling on broken glass or wearing a mask over your nose and mouth. How can you even think otherwise.

No comments: