A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Wednesday 22 January 2020

The efficacy of your prayers

Dear Friends,

It's been quite the ride for the last month and two days. What started off as a seemingly typical bronchial infection just before Christmas developed into pericarditis (inflamed pericardium and fluid) and while I was in hospital for that, I picked up a virus that a week later developed into Influenza A. I missed many a Mass and Christmas, New Year's and all the festivities were pretty much put on the back-burner. I've felt like a toxic waste dump given the medications which I'm now addressing through some naturopathic attention.

The good news is the Influenza was knocked out by the Tamiflu, but so was I.

The better news is that the pericarditis is gone but there will be three months of medication to keep it that way. I need a few weeks to fully recover from the drugs and the beating up of my immune system before returning to the germ factory where I work.

Now, here is what I want to tell you.

When I saw the Cardiologist last week he said to me that I was quite fortunate. When he first saw me he was thinking "Where am I going to stab this one?"

He then went on to explain that there were two others there that night with an attack of pericarditis (it's more common than you think) but they did not respond to medication and had to have a long needle inserted into the pericardial sac to remove the fluid - something he "hates" to do. I can imagine. I'd hate having it done.

So, why me? Why did I respond to the medication with a reduction of 2mm and was able to go home and these other two people had to endure such a treatment?

I can only conclude that it was your prayers.

For that, I can only thank you.

And thanks to God above, FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST.


4 comments:

TLM said...

Our God is a God of miracles Vox! Praise God you are on the road to recovery! While you are recovering, take some time to investigate natural supplements to help build that immune system. And yes, prayer is the key!

Michael Dowd said...

Thanks for the update Vox. Thanks be to God it was a happy report and reminds us all of life's fragility and our need for constant communication with God.

kam said...

The Great Physician has decided your needed more here on earth, at least for now! Always enjoy your firebrand posts. Speaking of illness, I was out of action from early October to just the day before this past Thanksgiving, diverticulitis and sepsis. Five days in the hospital for me. Between the sepsis and the strong meds for it I was pretty much out of it for approx. 55 days, and at 64 years old it took awhile for me to bounce back. Stay healthy and pray, pray, pray!

susan said...

BEST news I've heard in a long long time Vox!...the enemy doesn't want you on the field....God does. God wins....every time. :)