If I truly loved Our Blessed Mother and genuinely lived as “Marian” as I claim, what would that look like? Would I be generous and kind, a true friend and leader to those entrusted to me? If I were a priest or bishop, how would I treat those under my care? Would I meet them where they are, venture to the peripheries, live humbly among my brothers, and cherish the little flock’s spiritual welfare? Would I embrace even those who prefer the traditional worship of God, respecting their needs and recognizing unity in diversity, or would I harm and disregard them, ignoring their sincere desire to live according to conscience and raise their families in faith? Would I listen to and answer questions with respect, clarity, and charity, or rule harshly and abuse my authority? Would I be driven by ambition for higher positions, sacrificing the vulnerable to impress superiors, strutting like a peacock? The truth of these questions is laid bare before us.
3 comments:
Exactly, Vox. This is confounding even considering how novus ordo Catholics see it. Do you not notice the frank abuse of TLM Catholics? The callous disregard? It seems some do notice. Catholicism is in decline.The church has actively wrecked itself.
Novus Ordo catholic here, and I do notice. Sitting in a church yesterday, where attendance is down 50% in the past 8 years, and listening to Cardinal "Do as I say not as I do" Leo's message on Stewardship. Yes, let's attack the people that actually go to mass every week. That's a good strategy. And good Stewardship.
Elle, we are all Catholics and I certainly don’t reject the Novus Ordo as valid. I resent what it has become and what it has led to.
I’m listening to him now while I have my lunch. It was sent to me early yesterday morning by a good friend, but I was just getting ready to leave for the church where I am the Director of Music. He’s talking about people struggles that meanwhile he’s living in a nice house in Lawrence Park instead of with the smell of the sheep down on Church Street.
The parish is down 50%. That’s quite a bit. It’s happening all over except in specific areas where there’s lots of immigration.
Post a Comment