Monday, 10 August 2026

The Metropolitan Archbishop of Moncton on the Traditional Latin Mass

When? When, my fellow Canadian Catholics, have you ever read anything like this from a bishop? May God grant his grace and long life to Metropolitan Archbishop of Moncton, His Excellency, the Most Reverend Guy Derochers, C.Ss.R.   

Moncton TLMS


His Excellency the Most Reverend Guy Desrochers, C.Ss.R. 

Sunday, July 19, 2026 

Dear Faithful, 

As Bishop of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Moncton, I consider all Catholics, whether practicing or not, following either the older Latin rite of Mass or the reformed rite since Vatican II, to be part of the one flock that Jesus entrusts to me and to my delegates, his chosen priests and deacons, to govern, sanctify, and teach our brothers and sisters, so that all may one day enter the kingdom of God and be fully part of his one and glorious family in heaven. 

I give my apostolic blessing to Fr. Donoso and pray that, in his ministry, he will be a living witness to the love and mercy of God for you. I pray that he will always be a beacon of divine light and spiritual comfort to all of you and to all who will be entrusted to his pastoral care. May all of us, dear people of God, always remain united as a family, through the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, living in divine charity and respect for one another at all times. As Jesus said: « Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. » — John 13:34–35 

Finally, I ask our beloved God to bless each of you, and I assure you of my prayers and fraternal support. 

Welcome to our Diocese, Fr. Donoso! May you bear many spiritual fruits in your priestly ministry. 

Metropolitan Archbishop of Moncton,

Most Reverend Guy Desrochers, C.Ss.R.

Moncton TLMS

No comments: