A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Sunday 5 March 2006

Music Programme for Lent II

2nd Sunday in Lent Sunday, March 12, 2006
Themes & Motives: prefigured glory, heaven, holiness, hope


  • Before Mass: Hail, Glorious St. Patrick
  • Introit: Remember your mercies, Lord, your tenderness from ages past. Do not let our enemies triumph over us; O God, deliver Israel from all her distress. Psalm 25:6, 3, 22
  • Processional Hymn: O Wondrous Sight! O Vision Fair!
  • Responsorial Psalm: I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living. Psalm 116:10,15-19
  • Gospel Acclamation: From the shining cloud the Father’s voice is heard: This is my beloved Son, listen to him. Matthew 17:5.
  • Offertory Antiphon: I will delight in your commands, which I love. And I will lift up my
    hands to your commands. Psalm 119:47-48
  • Offertory Hymn: ‘Tis Good Lord to be Here
  • Communion Antiphon: This is my Son, me beloved, in whom is all my delight: listen to him.
  • Communion Anthem: Thou Knowest, LORD Henry Purcell
  • Communion Hymn: How Blest Are We
  • Recessional Hymn: The Glory of These Forty Days
  • Marian Antiphon: Ave Regina Caelorum Gregorian

No comments: