A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Friday 9 September 2022

Thank you, Ma'am. May eternal light shine upon you. May you rest in peace. Amen.

 

I vow to thee, my country, all earthly things above,
entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love:
the love that asks no question, the love that stands the test,
that lays upon the altar the dearest and the best;
the love that never falters, the love that pays the price,
the love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

And there's another country I've heard of long ago,
most dear to them that love her, most great to them that know;
we may not count her armies, we may not see her King;
her fortress is a faithful heart, her pride is suffering;
and soul by soul and silently her shining bounds increase,
and her ways are ways of gentleness and all her paths are peace.

8 comments:

John the Mad said...

God bless Elizabeth II Queen of Canada. May perpetual light shine upon her. God save Charles III, our new king.

Kathleen1031 said...

Yank here, so she was not my queen, but who of normal mentality and soul would not admire such a grand lady. Negative comments about her are a stark testimony to the putrid state of souls today, many are hell-bent on hell, and even when contemplating the passing of a great lady, can't find one jot of decency in their heart to ask God for mercy on her, or refrain from critical remarks. That's on them. She served her country and her people so well.
We'll not see her kind again, stability of character, elegance, sweetness, and devotion to God and country in our lifetime, nor of such elegance. She is gone. The only good thing is, she is with, please God, her God and the man she loved so dearly in this world.

John the Mad said...

Well said Kathleen1031. God bless.

Dorota Mosiewicz-Patalas said...

When I was born, she was already Queen for some years. She pledged to serve, and kept her promise until the end of her days. Is there any wonder, she could not admire the ladies marrying her sons and grandsons, who put personal happiness above duty? I deeply regret so much moral degeneracy became the new norm during her reign. I hope she tried to stop it. May God have mercy on her soul.

Vox Cantoris said...

There are a number of hate-filled comments that have not been approved. On the matter of Her late Majesty not being a Catholic, we leave that up to God. We are bound by His Sacraments, He is not. God saves whom He will save. Our job is to pray that He, in His great mercy, has welcomed Elizabeth into His light, which may be a long-time in purgatory. She now knows what she did not do. But the reality is she could not do it. Had she become a Catholic, she would not be Queen, it would do nothing for the Church of England. Parliament would have never allowed it. She Reigned, she did not Rule! As a Canadian, I understand how that works.

Pray for her, instead of complaining she was not Catholic.

Vox Cantoris said...

Clearly you have decided to put words in my mouth did not come out on my fingertips and this computer to this blog comment.

I suggest you rethink or re-read my comment. Why not go prayer Requiem prayer for her.

I do not condemn my Queen to Hell. I’ll leave that judgement up to God.

As for judging me and my orthodoxy you go and you take your judgement some other blog where it’s required and don’t post it here.

Irenaeus said...

May the Good God and His Mother grant the late Queen a happy peace.

Vox Cantoris said...

Now I’m a mason?

Clown.