Just over two years ago, I wrote this exposé, finally prompted to release known information by the putrid and sickening public clarity of an "alleged" sexual assault committed by Thomas Rosica, a now-suspended Basilian priest known to readers of this blog in particular for his slap-suit against this writer. I had had more than enough of this filth. I also decided to write it as a literal service to the new Archbishop of Toronto, Francis Leo. Clearly, he did not appreciate the gift.
I had read The Desolate City by Anne Roche Muggeridge in 1987. It was, along with the Ottawa Oratory in Formation at St. Brigid's, my Catholic rebirth and awakening. In that book, she referred to a scandalous memorandum issued by the then Rector of St. Augustine's Seminary, Brian Clough. After that, they removed him, sent him to the Catholic University of America for Canon Law, and returned him to Toronto to serve as Judicial Vicar until he retired a few years ago. That memorandum, called "A Dialogue of Trust," was lost. Well, it was lost until about five years ago, when I found it online in an archived issue of The Body Politic, a defunct sodomite newspaper in Toronto. I gradually transcribed it and sat on it and other information before finally exposing it.
My reward was to be told that a Toronto priest was threatened with an end to the Latin Mass because of it. That is how these people act. Rather than respond, they threaten. It is not the first time that this writer was threatened by these churchmen. It has happened before, at least twice. It was serious and blatant, and it is not something I can write about here at this time.
What this did was prove to me that everything I heard over the years was true and it needed to be exposed. You, the Catholics of Toronto, needed to know this history and to somehow hold these scandalous priests and bishops accountable. I was told by the threatened priest that you had no right to know and that I was creating scandal. I mourn the loss of that relationship. I can only recall the quote attributed to St. Gregory the Great: "It is better that scandal should arise than truth be suppressed."
I invite you to click on the link below to this story, which will remain in the right column for easy access. It is a long read; it is not pleasant.
Do not let them win. Hold fast to the Truth of Christ. Do not abandon the Church. Go to the Traditional Latin Mass; insist that the new mass be offered properly with the proper music and the proper disposition and following the rubrics. Show them you won't be abused anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment