A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Friday 31 March 2017

The venom of asps is under their lips.

Ps. 139. Eripe me, Domine. A prayer to be delivered from the wicked.

[1] Unto the end, a psalm for David. [2] Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man: rescue me from the unjust man. [3] Who have devised iniquities in their hearts: all the day long they designed battles. [4] They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent: the venom of asps is under their lips. [5] Keep me, O Lord, from the hand of the wicked: and from unjust men deliver me. Who have proposed to supplant my steps.

[6] The proud have hidden a net for me. And they have stretched out cords for a snare: they have laid for me a stumblingblock by the wayside. [7] I said to the Lord: Thou art my God: hear, O Lord, the voice of my supplication. [8] O Lord, Lord, the strength of my salvation: thou hast overshadowed my head in the day of battle. [9] Give me not up, O Lord, from my desire to the wicked: they have plotted against me; do not thou forsake me, lest they should triumph. [10] The head of them compassing me about: the labour of their lips shall overwhelm them.

[11] Burning coals shall fall upon them; thou wilt cast them down into the fire: in miseries they shall not be able to stand. [12] A man full of tongue shall not be established in the earth: evil shall catch the unjust man unto destruction. [13] I know that the Lord will do justice to the needy, and will revenge the poor. [14] But as for the just, they shall give glory to thy name: and the upright shall dwell with thy countenance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://callmejorgebergoglio.blogspot.ie/2017/03/francis-explains-why-st-peter-was.html