A corporal work of mercy.

A corporal work of mercy.
Click on photo for this corporal work of mercy!

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Overheard in the churchyard...

Overheard upon exiting a local parish this morning after singing for the funeral of a parish member, may he requiescat in pace. The family chose the music:

The Father: "Well, I've just seen one of the top-10 things I thought that I would never see."

Vox: "What's that Father?"

The Father: "Vox Cantoris carrying a copy of "GLORY & PRAISE!"

Vox: "Hard to believe, eh?; it's even my own copy!"

Hey, you honour the wishes of the deceased, and besides, I snuck in Chorus Angelorum at the end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oye, even St. Bonnie's has moved on from Glory & Praise :)
Nice meeting you at the Chaput talk.

Vox Cantoris said...

Yeah, it's just so 1970's...man these "traditionalists." Oh, well, you honour the wishes of the deceased, or at least the family's.

It was a pleasure to meet you Friar Rick, I'll call and we'll have that coffee.

God bless.